Popular Posts

Friday, February 5, 2010

What is the Color of the Sky?


When I was 5 years old and in kindergarten, our teacher asked us, "What is the color of the sky?" Every hand shoot in the air except mine and before the teacher called for someone to answer, every one said, "Blue, blue, blue, blue," except me who remembered the color of the sky during sunset.

I raised my hand and said, "Ma'am, sometimes it is orange."

Everyone looked at me as if I was some rebel and in chorus, yelled, "No! No! The color of the sky is blue. The color of the sky is blue."

You know how kids sound when they are yelling at the same time so the teacher tried to catch our attention. The teacher told them to be quiet, looked at me and said, "Jill, the color of the sky is blue."

No comments:

Post a Comment