Popular Posts

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Let Me


Let my heart be content, that I might search no more
rested in your arms, delighted in your presence
Let not my soul forget that I am wedded to you
my mind and my spirit captured by your beauty

Let me use my life to make yours be known
so that slaves are freed, bondages are broken
Let me walk on paths that will lead only to you
and pursue ways that make you glad

Let my words be about your grace
my thoughts be of your goodness
Let me go through pain if that will draw me to you
through loneliness that I might feel your comfort

Let me forget the aching desires of my flesh
that your sufficient love might fill my every space
Let me look past my hardships that I might look to your strength
and my inadequacies that I might trust in your sufficiency

-JCR (October 9, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment