Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

No One is Ready



No one is ever ready for any storm in life. When we were kids, there was no life manual neatly given to us as to what will be expected in life. For those of us who later realized this, almost everything came as a surprise. Being deprived of the "things due you" by this world is one of the painful realities of life. 


Most of the time, we never get to choose our circumstances, especially when we were helpless, clueless, unguarded, confused.. We long for certain things and yet we sometimes wonder why we do. We wanted to change and become "better" but our environment and the people around us were seemingly against it.


It bothers us but we never asked why it feels like we are always going against the tide, swimming against the current, punching a wall or chasing after the wind.


No one is ever ready enough for any tribulation; no one, ever too young to experience heartaches; no one, too old to be depressed.


I listen to a teenager who tells me she is made to choose between her mom and dad. If she chooses one, she will lose the other. I stare at her tears as I feel mine welling up. One of the strongest human instincts is to help, but sometimes, or most of the time, we are not in control of things. I wanted to be superwoman and take away her pain, feeling injustice by how young she is to experience such, but all I could do was listen and cry with her. 


I cry at my helplessness, her pain, the truth that some people do not love well. I listen to her and I hear my very self. 


At that moment, I felt the frailty of being human and identified myself with her. I've been through pain myself but I know now I need not carry it alone. 


I looked at her and though, I could not do anything, I believed there is hope for her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment