Popular Posts

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Vacuum

here we go.. mm.. nothing much to say today... i guess we all come to a point in life when silence is the best language and no one else can understand our inner yells but God.. yes, it's all about Him in my life... I used to be the emotional type of person, one who enjoyed conflicts, pains, relationship problems... I was hurt, of course I was... but my poems, my stories and essays gave me an avenue for expression... i was writing.. Yes, I believe I could write and I've always wanted to do so (but this is beside the point)... and somehow, I was doing so at the expense of myself... I WAS IN THE DARK and I didn't know it was swallowing me... and killing me... but I was enjoying it... what with all the friends I could drink with till the night was over and who I could party with only to realize after a painful hang-over that the PAIN has not really been quenched by the shots of tequila or the smooth taste of gin... No, it was more than just PAIN.. it was a hole... like a huge vacuum that longed to be filled.... I was with friends who themselves were confused.... about life, love, and people, people who also have the VACUUM....

in my life now and for eternity, it will always be about GOD.... not because I'm a sentimental fool or a frustrated writer or because I need LOVE (like all people do)... but because He is the LIGHT I had unconsciously always needed.... to make me stop GROPING in the DARK and bump into all those annoying and meaningless things about life and everything....

I share JESUS to others not only because I'm a CAMPUS CRUSADE for CHRIST... not only because God says so but because, like a girlfriend that wants to introduce her soul mate to the world, I want others to experience HIM.... and make HIM fill that VACUUM...

I wish people would do away with the misconception that GOD is SANTA CLAUSE... who we remember only at a certain season in our lives, or merely a 911 hotline that we dial when someone is out to kill us... Of course, He provides and He helps... but God is more than that... God's will is not only to help us with problems. There is nothing wrong with asking God to help us with studies, or our personal life but what God wants is for us to not only make HIM be a part of our lives but be the CENTER of it... and actually know Him.... to truly know Him like a father... a bestfriend, a husband....

I just realized that he more I know God and the more I experience His goodness and gentleness and faithfulness and the perfection of His being, the more I want to tell others about Him...

Now, I am the type of person that likes to think a lot... to write... and play with words.. and this is how God connects with me.. He makes me enjoy Him in my way, in the way that He designed me to enjoy things.... Now people have to understand that the Christian life is more than just praise and worship songs, all those messages and all those people who have all those Christian convictions... it's a vital personal fellowship with the GOD.. with the GOD who likes poems like me, who likes to sing and dance... who likes beauty and is HIMSELF a BEAUTY.... because He created beauty...

Now these thoughts blow my mind...... like an ANT trying to process the feeling of being liked and actually loved by a HUMAN...

The bottom line is THE REASON WHY I AM OUT TO TELL THE WORLD ABOUT JESUS is the fact that I myself have experienced HIM and I tell you, there is much more to HIM than what most people think...

so start thinking about HIM... and your LIFE... do you feel or think that you have that VACUUM?

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE 4 SPIRITUAL LAWS?

The Four Spiritual Laws

Law One: God loves you and offers a wonderful plan for your life.

God created you. Not only that, He loves you so much that he wants you to spend eternity with Him. Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

Jesus came so that each of us could know and understand God in a personal way. Jesus alone can bring meaning and purpose to life.
What keeps us from Knowing God?
Would you like to know God personally?

Law Two: All of us are sinful and separated from God. Therefore we cannot know and experience God’s love and plan for our life.

The fact is, we need Jesus. The Bible says, "…all fall short of God’s glorious standard" (Romans 3:23b). Though God intended for us to have a relationship with Him, we naturally want to do things our own way. We’re stubborn, selfish, and frequently unable to follow through on our promises. Try as we might, we just keep stumbling.

Deep down, our attitude may be one of active rebellion or passive indifference, but it’s all evidence of what the Bible calls sin — an old archery term which literally means "missing the mark."

The Bible says the result of sin in our lives is death–spiritual separation from God (Romans 6:23). Although we may try to reach God through our own effort, we inevitably fail. We just can’t ever be good enough.
This diagram shows the great gap that exists between us and God. The arrows illustrate that we are always trying to reach God and find a meaningful life through our own efforts. We may try to do good things or adopt a new guiding philosophy–but we inevitably fail.

How can we bridge this gulf?

Law Three: Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin. Through Him we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our life.

Jesus Christ is God’s solution to the problem of human imperfection and evil. Because of Jesus’ death on the cross, we don’t have to be separated from God any longer. Jesus paid the price for our sin and in so doing, bridged the gap between us and God.

Instead of trying harder to reach God, we simply need to accept Jesus and his sacrifice as the one way to God. "I am the way, the truth and the life," Jesus said. "No one can come to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). He also said, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die like everyone else, will live again. They are given eternal life for believing in me and will never perish" (John 11:25-26).

But not only did Jesus die for our sin, He rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-6). When he did, he proved beyond doubt that he can rightfully promise eternal life–that he is the son of God and the only means by which we can know God.
Yet just having knowledge about God’s plans and purposes isn’t enough. We need to consciously accept Jesus Christ as the payment for our sin and welcome Him into our life.

It is not enough just to know these three truths…

Law Four: We must individually accept Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord; then we can know and experience God’s love and plan for our life.

The Bible says, "But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).
We accept Jesus by faith. The Bible says, "God saved you by his special favour when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it" (Ephesians 2:8,9).

Accepting Jesus means first believing that Jesus is who he claimed to be, then inviting him to take the control of our lives and make us into new people (John 3:1-8).

Jesus said, "I’m standing at the door and I’m knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in" (Revelation 3:20).
How will you respond to God’s invitation? What will you do with the claims of Jesus Christ?

There are two kinds of lives:

Self-Directed Life

S-Self is on the throne
-Christ is outside the life
-Interests are directed by self, often
resulting in discord and frustration

Christ-Directed Life
-Christ is in the life and on the throne
S-Self is yielding to Christ,
resulting in harmony with God's plan
-Interests are directed by Christ,
resulting in harmony with God's plan

Which life do you have?
Which life would you want to have?

Begin a relationship with Jesus today


Choosing to submit your life to God is the most significant decision you can ever make.

This choice involves more than simple intellectual agreement that Jesus is God and that He died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sins. Becoming a Christian also requires that you commit the rest of your life to God, to do what He asks of you and to live in accordance with His principles. This decision is not something to be taken lightly. It requires sacrifice and a total reorientation of your life around God rather than yourself. As Jesus said, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me" (Luke 9:23).
If you feel you are ready to make this commitment, you can do so right now by telling God you are sorry for your past mistakes, putting your trust in Him and asking Him to make you into the person He created you to be. This step involves faith. You probably still have a number of unanswered questions at this point. But you must be willing to make the decision based on what you know right now and trust God to fill in the details later.

The precise words you use to commit yourself to God are not important. He knows the intentions of your heart. Your prayer can be as simple as "Help!" or it can focus on an issue that is specific to your situation. If you are unsure of what to pray, use the following sample prayer to get started:

"Jesus, I want to know you. I want you to come into my life. I’m sorry for the things I’ve done that have broken my relationship with God. Thank you for dying on the cross so that this relationship could be made right. I believe You are the only One who can do this. Only You can give me the power to change and become the person You created me to be. Thank you for forgiving my past mistakes and for giving me eternal life with God. I give my life to You. Please do with it as You wish. Amen."

By praying the above prayer-or one similar to it-you have just taken a giant step toward making God the centre of your life. But these are just the words. What follows is a lifelong journey of change and growth as you get to know God better through Bible reading, prayer and interaction with other Christians.
If you prayed the prayer above and invited Jesus into your life, you’ve become a Christian–which means simply, "Christ in one."

No comments:

Post a Comment