Popular Posts

Monday, February 4, 2019

Are You Really There?

 

img source: https://figtreefreedom.blogspot.com/2012/12/ultrasound-photos.html


I am about 9 weeks pregnant today and aside from the ultrasound photo I took home with me a couple of weeks ago, nothing visual seems to prove that I am really with child. To be honest with you, even though I prayed so hard for this baby, his or her existence in my body does not seem real. He or she does not feel alive. I am looking forward to my next doctor visit when I could finally hear his or her heartbeat for the first time and not just see it beating on the ultrasound monitor. Perhaps by then, I will completely believe that there really is a life trying to grow inside me and I am not just pretending to be tired and hungry all the time. This made me realize why it’s easy to call a human being this small with a different name – because they are so tiny, so dependent, so underdeveloped and so quiet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment